Sunday, December 4, 2011

Catch up

Wow, again, it has been a while since I have posted. I guess it is pretty normal this time of year though. I haven't been reading as many new posts from my blogger friends as well. Everyone is running around getting their shopping done, decorating, preparing to bake their hearts out not to mention the day to day normal things we do.  J I love it.

It has been so pretty here lately. Open window weather for sure. The sun has been shining, there is a light wind and the air is nice and crisp but not too cool. Just perfect!

My daughter has five and a half more weeks before the baby gets here and we are getting so excited! She and her hubby are on a mini vacation to Orlando this weekend to see the Ice & Snow at Gaylord’s Hotel. They have a nice exhibit of ice sculptures that you can visit. I have never been but have heard it is wonderful. This is what we Floridians do for ice and snow. J They also went to SeaWorld. That is always a good time.

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. Lots of friends and family over for an informal dinner. My new son in law’s family isn’t really into the celebrating of this season so it is all new to him. He doesn’t even really understand the spirit of Christmas! We have lots of work to do, but what fun! He said his family never made a big deal of it growing up so he just never had it in his life. So excited to teach him all about the Holy Spirit, Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas.

I have been quilting. I have not bought any fabric since I am grounded until I get some more projects done. I did finish my Christmas X’s and O’s quilt my mom’s Christmas gift and a baby quilt that a friend of mine bought from me for her step daughter who is expecting. I have 2 more baby quilts at the LA quilters and another 2 lap quilts at another LA quilters. These should all be done for Christmas! One is for my niece and one is for my daughter. The baby quilts are up for grabs.

 my moms quilt

 love the polka dot binding!

I am still shopping cameras. My little Olympus is still hanging in there, but I really want to get something better but not professional. Any suggestions would be appreciated. J I am looking at all kinds so don’t be shy.

Thanks for reading! Have a nice week!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! The quilts are lovely. So exciting the baby is getting close!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...