Friday, November 4, 2011

My Garden

I am not planting anything this fall. I am taking a little break. I had a horrble Spring/Summer planting and am discouraged. All is not lost though...

I met some new friends that have started their own suburban farm. So I did the only thing logical (to me) I gave her my rain barrel and some soil. We have lots of plants around so I offered some of those too, lol. Frangipani anyone? How about a bromeliad? I forgot to give her the seed I have, but can drop it by her house soon. I couldn't possible use it all if I tried. She has her own blog http://organic-gardening-adventures.blogspot.com/ check her out. She is on FB also.

I will be ready to plant tomatos next Spring and maybe some herbs and I have learned a lot. I will continue to buy organic and at least local from the farmers we have nearby. This is the time (in Florida) for lots of farmer markets to open in the area. I love going and checking out all the good veggies, breads and homemade products.

Thanks for reading. :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't be discouraged. It was a bad year for everyone. We had too much rain and just when things were starting to get better we had a hurricane. Such is the life of a farmer. Last week it was a snow storm that put the power out,just a day for us,but some towns are still waiting for the lights and heat to go on.I planted lettuce under plastic by my foundation and it's still growing. Something to smile about

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...