Monday, June 13, 2011

Barn Hop #16


It's that time of the week again. The Barn Hop! Click on the button above to check out what everyone is doing this week and to link up your post!

I have another garden update. My garden is doing the weirdest things lately. I think it is too hot, but you tell me, is any of this normal?

My baby corn. I mean really, is it really supposed to look like this? lolol. I seriously did not expect to harvest any corn, but it has been fun watching it grow. The birds can enjoy these little kernels.
This stalk is about two feet tall.




Next up is the strangest of the garden wonders. My tomato(?) in my potato bags! Look at this little thing? It looks like a tomato, but it is growing on the potato plant!! What is going on? LOL
the first picture is close up and the second you can see it below right. It is only about the size of a dime.




Next up are just pictures...

bean blossoms, I love them!

beans hiding underneath


Red pepper. looks like the bloom fell off so hopefully I will get a pepper soon.


Almost ready to eat. I don't think it will make it in to the house. I have been waiting a long time for this.




These are hunan peppers again. There are tons of blooms on them. :)


Pretty Dill.



These aren't veggies, but mom found them growing wild. So she pulled them up and stuck them into a bucket. They are called Frangipani's (Plumaria) and they have a very pretty fragrant flower. They make Hawaiian Lei's out them.  

That is about it for our little place. Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. ok I've worked on a farm for many years and that is the first time I see the corn outside the husk.That is one for the books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually what it looks like is your corn is not getting properly pollinated causing large abnormal kernels. As Ive realized corn is super picky about growing conditions and need a ton of water and proper spacing large amount etc to grow correctly. The potato I'm not sure about.. you should read 2 books if you have no.. vegetable gardening in Florida and the vegetable gardeners bible.. both extremely useful and very well written books!
    www.organic-gardening-adventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...