Sunday, April 3, 2011

Just ramblings...

I am not a professional writer, I barely remember high school English, but I love to 'share'. So what is a girl to do? You start a blog, of course. I started this blog as an outlet for my friends and family to keep up with what I am up to. :) Also, I am between jobs and even though I have been looking, the reality of it is, there are no jobs out there right now. So in the mean time, I enjoy spending time with my mom, have a small vegetable & herb garden and am even throwing around the idea of starting my own business.

I wrote an "About" page (feel free to read it), but what you don't know is that I grew up on this property with my brother and sisters. My mom used to swim in the lake and have picnics on this property when she was little, before the house was built. We all learned to swim in the lake and our children too. Her father bought it a very long time ago. We are not exactly sure when, but probably we estimate it at almost 100 years ago. When she married my dad, my grandfather gave it to them for a wedding present and dad built the house. We have enjoyed this place through 4 generations (so far). It is a wonderful piece of heaven. Mom's most favorite joy is to mow the acreage. She just loves to get out on her 'big red' mower and mow anything she can. (ok, this mower is not red, but the one she traded this one for is bigger and red, lol).
mom mowing, lol

Yep, that is her! If she isn't mowing, she is out picking up branches and "tree stuff" that has fallen, so she doesn't run it over when she does get out to mow. She is 86, by the way. Anyway, we love it here and are SO blessed to be able to enjoy the land and have lots of time with each other. I love listening to the stories she has to tell. I love it when she talks about growing up in this town and imagining what it must have been like back then. I am truly blessed to have this time with her.

the lake

I hope you continue to read my blog as I will be posting a myriad of different topics. I like to take pictures, cook & bake and talk a lot about my friends and family, so you may see an occasional picture or recipe posted. Thanks for reading.
partial view of the pond (front of property)

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I think it is great. Really like the pictures. That one is cute of your mom mowing the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! :) I love hearing from people so feel free to comment anytime.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...