Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Sunday Blessing


1 Chronicles 16:34 - Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Friday night someone snuck into my garden and ripped almost all of my corn plants out of their cozy little homes. When I went out Saturday morning to check on them and pick bugs and water I was heart-broken. All of the little babies looked like they had been snatched out of the dirt and then just tossed casually to the side. There were no holes dug in the ground and nothing looked like it had been eaten, just tossed (*sniff*) like yesterdays trash. Ok, so I am being melodramatic – now. I was mad then.
My mom went to the doctor Thursday to see about her right rotator cuff. She has been having pain and at 86 she does not want surgery, so she asked for an injection of cortisone. The doctor concurred and she got her shot (after confirming with X-rays). Saturday morning (before I discovered my fiasco) she came storming in the house and said “I’m mad!” When I asked her why she said “the doctor told me I would be able to play tennis by today and I can’t. It hurts!” Now if you knew my momma this is unacceptable, lol. So she pouted a while read the newspaper and went outside to “work in the shed.”
My brother was trimming and cutting down dead trees and branches on the property when the chainsaw broke! So he took it apart and laid everything out and it needed a part. Of course, he was mad too, so now we have 3 people stomping around the yard, mumbling under their breath, wondering “why me?” and throwing out a few “stupid this and stupid that’s” around. Ok, that was me, but I digress. Comical as I write it but it wasn’t when it was happening.
My whole point to this little story is that what happened didn’t really matter in the big scheme of things. It is frustrating and hard to see that at the time, but as I walked into the air conditioned house and ate a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I smiled and thanked God for all we have. Even if the garden is torn up, I have food to eat & I can always replant. Mom’s arm hurt her, but she is going strong and healthy as a horse and is able to do things most of her friend’s only dream of doing. (Did I tell you she jumped out of an airplane…on her 62nd birthday?). And even though the tools broke, they can be fixed and we have them to work with another day. So whenever you are feeling sorry for yourself, think of all the good things you have and give God a little “thank you”. He always comes through just when you need him to & I believe all things happen for a reason. He shows us what we need to do and how we need to act every day. You just have to open your eyes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...