Thursday, May 12, 2011

Good reading on the web this week.

I read several blogs this week and they were all pretty interesting. I thought you might enjoy reading them too. Enjoy.




Simply Forties has a guest writer who wrote about Substitutes for red meat. We all could stand to cut out some red meat. I know I can. Read the article here.

Kendra @ New Life on a Homestead just had a baby boy! Check out her 'home birth' story and see pictures of this precious baby boy here. Congratulations!

Smitten Kitten has so many yummy recipes, you just HAVE to check them out. This one is a Leeks & Blue Cheese on toast. http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/05/leeks-toasts-with-blue-cheese/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+smittenkitchen+%28smitten+kitchen%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Book lover? Here you can read all about Erin's love of independant book shops (and books). She gives a very insightful look at small book shop owners and their struggles to succeed in a world of big box bookstores.

Kelly @ Centsible life is giving away a iPad2. Go and enter, you have until the 15th (I believe). http://www.thecentsiblelife.com/

I loved this article on beauty products. Most of them are pretty simple too. I really need to take better care of my skin. Thanks to Kim @ Jabez Farm!



Enjoy the blogs and the rest of your week. Come back on Saturday for the Preparedness Challenge, hosted by Amy @ Homestead Revival!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out and for the new links! Will definitely have to check some of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed that post! And thanks for the links to the others...I'm going to enjoy my quiet time this evening reading these! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...