Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chicken & Rice Recipe


Click the button above to join in the fun!



I love crock pot recipes! They are so easy and you can throw anything in there and it cooks...all day long. And 99% of the time, it is delish! Below is a tried and true recipe for chicken
that is SO good.

Ingredients:
1 package chicken breasts, boneless & skinless (3-4 breasts)
2 cans mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
8 oz mushrooms, sliced or quartered
salt
pepper
garlic - to your preferred taste (I use tons, lol)
cayenne pepper - to taste

You can add anything else you would like to also.

I clean up my chicken breast a little cutting off all fat and 'stuff' before throwing it in the pot. Then I cut them in half. Put all ingredients in and cook until chicken is tender. The mixture will be thick at first, but will mix well together and become more like gravy. You can shred the chicken also if you want to. It will get very tender and easy to shred. I had some garlic that did not go well in the garden so I minced the garlic tops and threw those in. I will serve this with orzo and a cauliflower casserole.

I linked up with the old fashioned recipe exchange, hosted by Little House on the Prairie Living! You can go here to join in on the fun!


Thanks for reading, have a stupendous week!

4 comments:

  1. Crockpots are like an extra pair of hands in the kitchen........I couldn't keep up with my schedule if I didn't have mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy!!! I love the ease of a good crockpot meal. In answer to your question about catnip for your daughters morning sickness, she should avoid it while pregnant. She can try red raspberry leaf tea to help tone her uterus to help with an easier birth and ginger is going to be the best for her morning sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely! Can I ask what ozro is?? We definitely don't have it here in Scotland - unless it's by another name of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Orzo is a small rice shaped pasta. We use a tri-color (spinach, tomato and regular) but it comes just like plain pasta too. It is yummy in cold salads as well. So good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...