Thursday, August 4, 2011

Banana Bread


I have a friend in the hospital that absolutely loves my banana bread. So in his honor, I am posting my coveted recipe.  It is very moist & I hope you will try it sometime. Feel better Troy!


Banana Bread

1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups flour
¼-1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup oil (not olive)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
3 oz buttermilk
4 bananas (ripe & mashed)
4 oz pecans (chopped) – optional


Mix all dry ingredients together well. Add eggs, oil & buttermilk, mix all together well. Fold in mashed bananas and pecans. Pour in loaf pans or muffins tins after spraying with Pam or other spray. Bake 350 for 45min. to an hour. Bananas must be ripe or overripe.

Recipe makes 2 loaves or lots of muffins. (I don’t know how many muffins, I just pour until it’s gone. Makes awesome mini muffins too! J
Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. Will try this tonight. My little boy loves bananas....glad the nuts are optional, he has sever allergy.*-*Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely optional. I am making some right now and it does not have nuts. Smells wonderful too!! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...