Friday, August 19, 2011

Shells and Vegetable Italiano



The following recipe is a favorite around this house. Well except for my brother, who doesn't care much for tomatoes, (I think he was adopted). Anyhow, it is simple and pretty good and can be eaten hot, warm or cold. I found this recipe a looooong time ago in a magazine. It has served me pretty well over the years and when I was writing this post, I lost the original recipe (or so I thought). I did find it and as you can see, the picture is a little worn.

Here it is...

1 Velveeta shells and Cheese (box)
3 c blanched sm. broccoli florets 
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 3oz can pitted black olives, halved
1/2 c Italian dressing
1/2 c sour cream
Salt
Pepper

Prepare the boxed macaroni and cheese per instructions. Cut up the broccoli into bite size florets and blanch. Cut tomatoes & olives in half lengthwise. Toss all ingredients. Serves 8-10 and you can serve immediately or chill. Enjoy as a salad or a side dish.

This is pretty filling and a pretty good staple around here. 


 Side Note: I am really hoping to solve my camera issue soon. I never realized how much I missed it until the last couple of weeks. I keep seeing or making things I want to blog about and take pictures. Hopefully, I will find a new camera soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...