Sunday, August 14, 2011

Barn Hop #24


This week for the Barn hop, I did some freezing. I froze some corn on the cob and yellow squash. The squash has been so yummy right now that I couldn't resist; and I just have to have some for the 'winter'!

I also canned some peaches! Not a whole lot but about 4 quarts of whole peaches. I am so excited to be able to do this. I don’t have pictures because my daughter is using my camera to take “baby bump” pictures, lol. We have been looking at cameras to replace the one I have and for baby pictures when he gets here. Any suggestions?

My spring/summer garden is kaput for this year, but we are getting the beds ready for fall. I will be planting broccoli, cauliflower, pole beans and lettuces this week and next week from seeds. These need to go in now according to my planting guide. J I want to replace some of my herbs & put them into pots. I think they will do much better individually rather than in a bed. I know some have noticed a change in the air with fall coming, but not here in FL., lol. It seems to be just as hot as always. It is fine though, it can always be worse (Texas) and I feel blessed by just being able to do what I am doing. Success or fail. It is all a learning experience.

Head over to the Barn Hop by clicking the button above. Happy Homesteading!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about not seeing a change in the air with fall coming because I live in Fl also. I also lived in Texas for 18 months and you're right. Texas is much hotter!
    I do love living in Fl because we can garden year round.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...