Monday, August 8, 2011

Dinner


I am the cook in the house. But sometimes I get so tired of cooking and eating meat; so I decided to cook some veggies for dinner! It was so simple too. I made a Cauliflower casserole, baked tomatoes & mom had made a broccoli casserole. I didn't get pictures because it was gone in a flash, but yummy, it was! I have the Cauliflower recipe on my recipe page, but the baked tomatoes recipe is below. Enjoy.

Baked tomatoes
6-8 Medium tomatoes, washed and sliced about 1/2 " thick
Bread crumbs, about 1/2 c
Shredded parmesan cheese, same, 1/2 c or so
Olive oil, 1/4 c ?
Oregano, 1 Tblsp

All you do it slice the tomatoes about 1/2 inches thick. I got 3 slices per tomato, if that helps. Then you mix the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese & oregano in a bowl. Place some of the bread crumb mixture on top of each tomato and then drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven about 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven.

Of course, you can change this up any way you want. Use basil instead of oregano or use some Asiago cheese instead. Use more cheese and less bread crumbs, etc.

It is really yummy and your family will love it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...