Monday, August 22, 2011

Barn Hop #25


Barn Hop time again! Click the button below to join in the fun!


For the Barn Hop this week mom & I are getting the fall garden planted. We live in Florida so we have a long growing season. Now, if I could only learn to grow something, lol. I didn't have a very good 'crop'
for the spring.

This fall we're planting Snow Peas, leeks, Onions, carrots, lettuces, spinach, radishes, Chinese cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes and pole beans. Possibly some celery. I am going to "renew" some herbs too. The heat really tore everything up badly so I need to start those over.

This week we are planting:
Lettuces, spinach, pole beans, cauliflower & broccoli.

More will go in next month and even in October. I am going to try my hand at garlic again too. It grew, but we had a lot of rain and it got real waterlogged and never really made a bulb. I did use the green tops and parts of the little bulbs in cooking though and they were tasty. "Waste not want not" is a regular saying around here.

I hope everyone has a good week and your gardens are doing well!


ANNOUNCING...




With financial times still uncertain, a new school year starting (or started) & the Holidays coming up, I thought it might be fun to start a Friday Frugal Fun day. Write a post or a tip about finances, food savings, kid savings or saving in general. That is it. It can be serious, fun, weird, whatever you like. We can start Friday, the 26th of August. Want to join in? The rules are below. Meet me back here 
Friday & link up!
Guidelines for posts:

1. Provide a link back to the Frugal Friday Fun in the post that you share. & be sure to grab the FFF button and link it back here so others can join in.
2. Use Mr. Linky & link to a specific post, not your blog’s home page.
3. If you don’t have a blog, share your financial tips in a comment on this post!
Have fun, get to know some new friends, and be sure to join us every Friday

I reserve the right to remove any link that I think inappropriate or offensive. I will err on the side of caution.
Thanks for your understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...